“ Special Crop
Science Lab ”
- Ok Ran Lee, Ph.D.
Department of Applied Plant Science, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chonnam National University.
Plant Molecular Physiology, Bioengineering of plant secondary metabolites, Haploid breeding.
- 1998 - 2002 Ph.D. in Mathematical-Natural Science
University of Cologne and in the Department of Molecular Plant Genetics in Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany
- 1996 - 1998 M.S. in Agriculture (Plant molecular biology)
Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
- 1992 - 1996 B.S. in Agriculture
Pai-Chai University, Daejeon, Korea
- 2013 - present: Assistant, Associate, and Full professor at Chonnam National University
- 2009 - 2013: Research Professor at Kyung Hee University: Ginseng gene expression and defense mechanism, Ginsenoside biosynthesis
- 2008 - 2009: Postdoctoral Researcher at Seoul National University: Auxin signaling and transporting mechanism in root hair cell system
- 2006 - 2008: Postdoctoral Researcher at Chungnam National University: Auxin signaling and transporting mechanism in root hair cell system
- 2006 - 2006: Senior Researcher at POSTECH; Cell biology for the trafficking study of plant proteins
- 2005 - 2006: Postdoctoral Research Staff at Delaware Biotechnology Institute, USA
- 2004 - 2005: Postdoctoral Research Staff in the Department of Horticulture/ Phytoremediation center at Purdue University, Indiana, USA, (PI: Prof.Dr. David E. Salt and Prof. Dr. Angus S. Murphy). Major project: Auxin transport and Phytoremediation using p-glycoproteins, ABC transporters.
- 2002 - 2003: Postdoctoral Research Staff in the Department of Horticulture at Purdue University, Indiana, USA (PI: Prof.Dr. Angus S. Murphy).
- 2011 The 2nd International Conference on Plant Metabolism (June 30-July 3), Quingdao, China. Triterpenoid ginseng saponin production in Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer
- 2017 International Symposium and Annual Meeting of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry (June 15), Busan, Korea. Title: Regulatory mechanism and functional characterization of ginseng saponin biosynthesis-related genes in a plant system.
- 2019 KSBS & SABRAO International Conference (July 02-July 05) 14th International Conference on Plant Breeding for Sustainable Development. Kimdaejung Convention Center, Gwangju, Korea. Title: Ginsenoside biosynthesis and its regulation in Panax ginseng Meyer.
- 2019 8th Asian-Oceanian Symposium on Plant Lipids (Nov.18-Nov.22), Canberra, Australia. Title: Patatin-related phospholipase AIIIα regulates longitudinal cell growth and confers virus resistance in Arabidopsis when overexpressed.
- 2022 Conference of Korean Society of Breeding Science (June 29-July 01), Jeju, Korea. Title: In vivo haploid induction system in dicotyledonous plant.
- 1996 Honors graduate award, Pai-Chai Universiyt, Daejeon, Korea.
- 1997 DAAD scholarship for Korean-German Exchange Student Program (KOSEF/DAAD).
- 2015 23rd Hwa-nong award (given to young distinguished scientists in basic agricultural science) from Seoul National University.
- Undergraduate course 식물생화학, 종자학, 공예작물학, 약용식물학, 조직배양학, 작물기초실습
- Graduate course 식물유전공학특론, 식물환경호르몬특론, 식물유전생리학, 기능성물질 생산학